TAERROR : missing ['setuprules'] section in ../exec/newsmem.cfg
TAERROR : file "/edicola/papersetups/newportdailynews.cfg" does not exist!
E-Editions on Your iPhone/iPad/iPod
The e-edition is now available in e-Book format. This means you can download the e-edition as a single, compact file to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and then read it even if you are no longer connected to the Internet. Below are instructions for getting started.
Installing an e-book app
First you will need to install the official Apple iBooks app that will allow you to read e-Books on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, which can be installed for free from the App Store.
Accessing e-book editions
After you have installed iBooks, return to the home screen
- Open the Safari app and enter the following URL in the address bar, along the top: www.newportdailynews.com/ebook.php.
- Tap "E-Books" next to the listing for iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- Tap the link for the edition you wish to download.
- On the resulting screen, tap the 'Open in "iBooks"' button in the upper-right to begin reading your downloaded edition!
- To open an e-edition in iBooks, select it from your virtual bookshelf in your Library.
- To go to the next page, swipe your finger horizontally to the left. To go to the previous page,swipe your finger horizontally to the right. You can also use the slider along the bottom to quickly scroll through pages.
- At the start of each article are links to the previous and next articles. Tap the "< Prev Article"or "Next Article >" links to navigate to the selected article.
- Tap once to show or hide the various options.
- The Table of Contents can be accessed by tapping the Index icon along the top. This will display a list of all the articles in each section. Tap a section or article to jump directly to it.
- Tap the Bookmarks icon in the upper-right of the screen to bookmark a page, which can be quickly selected by tapping the Index button and then the "BOOKMARKS" tab.
- Use the Search icon to search the eBook for a user-defined search term.
- Use the Font Size icon to adjust your screen brightness, displayed font size, font style, or themes.
- Tap "Library" to return to your virtual bookshelf.